Re: Klezmer Camp

>Robert,
>        Living Traditions is the non-profit which runs Klez Kamp. If I
>remember correctly, their URL is LivingTraditions.org. However, if not,
>try different combinations. As a last resort you can try to contact
>Henry Sapoznik, who lives in Westchester, NY (area code 914). If forget
>the town. He co-runs Living Traditions.
>
>Fred Jacobowitz
>Clarinet/Sax Instructor, Peabody Preparatory
>
>On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, Robert Ackerberg wrote:
>
>> Could someone please tell me how to find information concerning the
>> upcoming Klezmer Camp?  A URL would be sufficient.  Many thanks.
>> --
>> mailto:ackerberg (at) worldnet(dot)att(dot)net

Jacob Freedman had this listed among his "upcoming Jewish music events":

Sunday - Friday, December 22-27, 1996

KlezKamp 1996

Living Traditions, Inc. is proud to announce the 12th annual "KlezKamp:
The Yiddish Folk Arts Program" to be held December 22-27 1996, at the
Paramount Hotel in New York's Catskill region.

In honor of our first KlezKamp in St. Petersburg, Russia to be held in
1997, our theme this year will be on the history of the Jews of Russia
and will feature lectures on the life and career of  musicologist Moshe
Beregovskii (including recently discovered wax cylinders made by him in
Volhyn in 1938-39), an examination of the works of Marc Chagall, and the
history of the Moscow Yiddish Art theater; in addition to our full array
of everything, from klezmer instrument classes, vocal coaching and song
seminars, all levels of Yiddish language, poetry, literature and
translation, Yiddish and Russian dance workshops, visual arts, folklore,
a full children's and teen program, theater workshop, and the showing of
the rare 1924 Yiddish silent film "Yidishe Glickn" starring Solomon
Mikhoels and featuring a new live musical score.

Henry Sapoznik
Director

For KlezKamp 1996 Information, call or write:

Living Traditions
430 West 14th Street
New York, New York 10014

-- Telephone       -- 212-691-1272
-- Fax             -- 212-691-1657
-- Internet E-Mail -- livetrads (at) aol(dot)com

Henry Sapoznik
Director

Cantor Neil Schwartz
or