Re: The meter of the Jewish zhok

Khaver Itzik,
        OK, I see the reference to seven now. However, using Occam's
razor, the simplest solution is the best. Five is easier than seven to
count and to deal with melodically. And, you can definitely play, notate
and understand the five while the seven seems to be an imaginary way to
envision the meter. Do you play an instrument? Have you ever seen any
notation in 5/16? I'll be happy to send you a copy of some so you can see
how applicable it is for yourself.

Fred Jacobowitz
Clarinet/Sax Instructor, Peabody Preparatory

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->