Re: Di Sapozhkelekh

Lino,
        What do you want to know? The words? The translation? It is an
old Russian Jewish song sung by a man about how he'd do anything to be
with his love. It is usually played as a slow waltz although my band has
played it as a slow Romainian Hora (or 'Zhok') with excellent results. We
actually like it better that way (that is, in 5/16 time instead of in 3/4).

Fred Jacobowitz
Clarinet/Sax Instructor, Peabody Preparatory
Machaya Klezmer Band in the Washington, DC/Baltimore area

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, Lino Messina wrote:

>      Hi,
>
>      Someone have informations about the song "Di Sapozhkelekh"?
>
>      Ciao
>
>      Lino Messina
>      Milano, Italy

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->