Sunday Morning Klezmer -- Program Information Sheet

Sunday Morning Klezmer -- Program Information Sheet -- April 28, 1996

My name is Jacob Freedman, and I am the Host/Producer of
Sunday Morning Klezmer and Other Jewish Music. I am looking for
recordings and related background materials, for the WBZC's
Jewish Entertainment and Music Library. WBZC-FM was voted the
#1 Collegiate Station in America, by the National Association of
Collegiate Broadcasters for 1995. Also, any help with the
stations "back catalogue" ( older recordings ) library would be
greatly appreciated.

The show airs on Sundays, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., Eastern Time.

Working Program Schedule:

              6:00 - 6:06  Da Poritz - Baruch Cohon (Theme Song)
              6:06 - 6:18  Various Jewish Music
              6:18 - 6:24  News, Weather and Sports
              6:24 - 6:48  Various Jewish Music
              6:48 - 6:54  Information and Extended Weather
              6:54 - 7:18  Various Jewish Music
              7:18 - 7:24  News, Weather and Sports
              7:24 - 7:48  Parva Two/Thirds Hour
              7:48 - 7:54  Information and Extended Weather
              7:54 - 8:18  Various Jewish Music
              8:18 - 8:24  News, Weather and Sports
              8:24 - 8:48  Carpool Two/Thirds Hours
              8:48 - 8:54  Information and Extended Weather
              8:54 - 9:18  Various Jewish Music
              9:18 - 9:24  News, Weather and Sports
              9:24 - 9:48  Two/Thirds Hour ( Interviews,
                           New Music, Klezmer)
              9:48 - 10:00 Information and Extended Weather

The station is located at Burlington County College, Pemberton,
Burlington County, New Jersey, United States of America.

Station Facts: WBZC-FM ( Licensed to Burlington County College )

              - Frequency 88.9 Mhz FM

              - 7,500 Watt Stereo FM ( Peak Power )

              - Antenna Height on Tower @ 250 Feet ( 77 Meters )

              - The Broadcast Coverage Area; includes,
                parts of the following New Jersey Counties,
                Atlantic, Camden, Burlington, Gloucester,
                Ocean, and some parts of Eastern Pennsylvania;
                including Philadelphia.

              - The Primary Broadcast Coverage Area has a population
                of over half-million people.

If you know of any Chassidic/Israeli/Jewish/Klezmer/Rebbe Soul/Yiddish
music performers, please ask them to send me their recordings and background
information; also some scripting for "on-air" introductions of the music, as
if the performers were introducing themselves.

I am also looking for the following:

*  English language recordings of Chassidic/Israeli/Jewish/Klezmer/
   Rebbe Soul/Yiddish comedy, folklore, theater, etc. .

*  General background material,on Chassidic/Israeli/Jewish/Klezmer/
   Rebbe Soul/Yiddish entertainment and music; for on-air fill.

*  Guests and Guest Hosts for my show.
   I can pre-record interviews and segments, during the
   week or guests can come to the studio, for the show.

*  Internet Resources; e-mail addresses, gophers, www sites, and
   other internet locations of a Jewish Nature.

If you know of a Jewish Performance or Public Event, in Eastern
Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or New York City ; please send me the
contact and publicity information and I'll air the Performance
or Public Event Schedule.

Materials and tickets for on-air contests would be appreciated,
but not required.

Mailing Address:

                 Jacob Freedman, Host/Producer
                 Sunday Morning Klezmer
                 WBZC-FM
                 Burlington County College
                 County Route 530
                 Pemberton, NJ USA 08068-1599

Internet Address:  Jacob(dot)Freedman (at) vmp-bbs(dot)com

Fax Number:        609-894-9440
                   ( Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST only )
Telephone Numbers:

Home Office: 609-235-3819 [Voice Mailbox 2 for messages]

WBZC-FM Program/Operation Manager; Drew Jacobs, 609-894-9311 Ext. 7223

  Here is the list of Klezmorim and Other Jewish Performers,
  who have contributed their music to WBZC's Jewish Music Library.
  ( Last Update 20-April-96 ) :

  Yatzliakh Yisrael Abrahami         Old World Folk Band
    - Mahpechhah RuHani                - Hot Tracks
  Rabbi's Bruce and                  Itzhak Perlman
  Donna Adler                        and Friends
    - I Choose Torah                   - In the Fiddler's House
  American Jewish                    La Rondinella
  Song Festival(1994)                  - A Song of David
  Austin Klezmorim                     - Songs of the Sephardim
      - East of Odessa               Safam
  Sid Beckerman                        - After All These Years
     - Klezmer Plus                    - Greatest Hits Volumes I & II
  Rhoda Bernard                        - On Track
     - Demo Tape                       - The Greatest Scheme of Things
  Brave Old World                    Schlock Rock
    - Beyond the Pale                  - Bring Back That Shabbos Feeling
    - Klezmer Music                    - Emunah
  Baruch & Samuel Cohon                - Jewish Pride
    - Generations                      - Learning is Good !
    - Klezmer Music                    - Lenny and the Shlockers
  Craig & Co.                          - Magical History Tour
    - My Jewish Discovery              - Purim Torah
  Doug Cotler                          - Songs of the Morning
    - Down Home                        - We're Coming Back
    - Echos                            - To Unite All Jews
    - It's So Amazing                Shashmaqam
    - Listen                           - Music of the Bukharan
    - Whispers in the Wind               Jewish Ensemble
  Stewart Curtis Klezmer Groove      Shirim
    - Too Loud for Dinner              - ...angels and horseradish
  Jimmy, Max, L. Davis                 - Naftule's Dream
    - Carpools and Kippahs           Moshe Skier
    - More, Carpools and Kippahs       - Kabbalah
  Larry Eschler                        - Rock of Sages
    - The Gift                       Lenny Solomon
  Fabrangen                            - Manual for the Moral Minded
    - The Celtic Klezmer Concert     Sounds of Genesis and Exodus
  Flying Bulgar Klezmer Band         Toronto Klezmer Band
    - Flying Bulgar Klezmer Band       - Uri and His Russian Relatives
    - Flying Bulgar Klezmer Band     Tzimmes
      Agada                            - A Lid for Every Pot
  Judy Frankel                         - Sweet and Hot
    - Sephardic Songs of             Voice of the Turtle
      Love and Hope                    - A Different Night
  Debbi Friedman                       - Under the Aegean Moons
  Gilbert & Sullivan                 Hillel Zakai
  Yiddish Light Opera Company          - b'shir
    - Der Yiddisher Pinafore
  Judy Caplan Ginsburgh
    - Boker Tov
    - Chag Sameach