Yeminite music paper

On Thu, 11 Apr 1996 18:40:21 EST, Katie wrote:

>I doing a term paper on Yeminite influence on Israeli popular music.
>Does anyone have any sources/names of Yeminite-Israeli singers/ or
>anything that might be of some help to me?

Just a couple of references:

Haim Moshe - a highly popular Israeli/Yemenite Singer
Ofra Haza -  http://www.aquanet.co.il/web/ofra/ofra.html
Achinoam Nini (aka. Noa)- of Yemenite descent; her music is a very modern
fusion, in both Hebrew and English. Some info about her can be found at:
http://www.clark.net/tara/noa.htm

There are a plethora of websites and search engines that deal with Israeli
culture, but you'll have to dig for a while to get specifics.
Here's one you may like to begin with:
http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~jsu/culture.html#music

Here's a newsgroup where you may like to re-post your query: soc.culture.israel

Good Luck (B'hatslaha),

Moshe Denburg

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->