Re: Seeking Yiddish song(s) in praise of America / Kolumbus

In article <4ji0pj$gtb (at) newsbf02(dot)news(dot)aol(dot)com>, maxstern (at)
aol(dot)com (MaxStern)
wrote:

> We are looking for one or a few Yiddish songs that celebrate America or
> the experience of being/living in America.  The ideal song would be
upbeat
> and optimistic, with instrumental accompaniment.  An example of the kind
> of song we have in mind is "Lebn Zol Columbus," which is great, but very
> short.  So we would like to put together a medley, or maybe there's one
> longer song that would be just the thing.
>
> The song or songs we choose will be used in a Cantor's Concert by Cantor
> Richard Schwartz in May.
>
> If you have a suggestion for us, please reply by email, and include
> information (if you have it) on how/where to find the song.
>
> Thanks very much in advance, and have a happy and kosher Pesach.
>
> Max Stern [Moshe ben Avraham]
> MaxStern (at) aol(dot)com

One of the first things that came to mind is "Tsu Dir Mayn Land Amerike"
with words and music by Pinchos Jassinowsky. It was originally published
by Renanah Music which, of course, no longer exists, but I do have this in
my private collection. If you are interested, please drop me a line and I
will send you the particulars.

BTW, there are a few other songs that I have which might fit your request
- I will mail you wth the details.

Cantor Michael Ostrer

jcommhaznm (at) aol(dot)com
Cantor Michael Ostrer,