King David's Harp

So far, twenty-two stations have contacted me regarding an interest
in carrying King David's Harp.  KUSC in Los Angeles (where I work)
is waiting on a pilot program before making a decision.  I think
other public radio stations are also undecided til they can hear
what the programs actually sound like.  Financial arrangements are
being made to cover the costs of the pilot program and hopefully I
will be able to report back to stations when that is accomplished.

Below is the information sent to public radio stations nationwide:

DACS TRANSMISSION TIME: 26-MAR-1996   15:16:43  EASTERN TIME

Message # 960326.0138

TO:  ALL STATIONS
FR:  LARRY MAYER, KUSC LOS ANGELES
DT:  MARCH 26, 1996
RE:  FREE JEWISH PROGRAM SERIES OFFER

I would like to know, if the following series is made available,
at no cost to public radio stations, how many of you would be
interested taking it and adding it to your program schedule.

KING DAVID'S HARP:  A Program of Jewish Music, Arts and Letters

This 13-week, 59 minute series will consist mainly of music of
a particular composer, or period and country with and explanation
of the historical and cultural context in which the music was
written.  At other times, the program may consist of interviews
of artists such as poets, painters, authors, musicians, etc.,
with a discussion of their works and excerpts from them.

The following is a sample of programs that might be offered under
this proposed project:

ISRAEL'S ACCLAIMED CHILD VIRTUOSOS IN CONCERT
Featuring the students of the Ramat Gan Conservatory of Music,
with music of JS Bach, Beethoven, Rachmaninov, Tartini, Chopin,
Mozart and Liszt.

THE LOS ANGELES PREMIERE OF THE ACCLAIMED SYMPHONIC POEM "TO THE
HOLY LAND," an impression of Israel
Composed and performed by Isaku Fujita, with vocal by P'nina
Fujita

ORGAN MUSIC FOR THE SYNAGOGUE, HALF A MILLENNIUM, HALF A WORLD
A dedicatory Recital for the Eddie Engel Organ, featuring
Dr. Leslie Deutsch

SYNAGOGUE MUSIC OF PRE-WAR BERLIN
Music of Louis Lewandowsky

In order to make this series possible, we need to know how many
stations are interested in carrying these programs.  It would be
helpful if you could contact me as soon as possible so I can let
the foundation, who are making financial arrangements at this
moment, know if this series can become a reality on public radio.

Please call, FAX or write to the following:

Larry Mayer, Operations
c/o KUSC Radio
P.O. Box 77913
Los Angeles, CA 90007
    213-743-5872
FAX 213-743-5853
EMail = lmayer (at) kusc(dot)usc(dot)edu

Here is a list, by state, of those stations interested in airing
this series:

ALASKA
KHNS   Haines

FLORIDA