Re: Need w/m "Hacher boimer"/"Hoykhe boymer"

In article <4iaa47$817 (at) cello(dot)gina(dot)calstate(dot)edu>,
jlane (at) cello(dot)gina(dot)calstate(dot)edu (Judith L. Lane) wrote:

> A library patron has asked for words and music to a Yiddish song
> which she identified as "Hacher Boimer" (Tall trees), for a local
> rabbi to use in a celebration to take place on March 22 or 23.
>     I posted queries to LIBREF-L and Stumpers, and learned that
> this title should be spelled "Hoykhe boymer" or "Hoykhe beymer".
> I checked Sears SONG INDEX and DeCharms and Breed,  and have not
> been able to verify the title.  It's been recommended that I
> contact the National Library in Israel after I check with your
> newsgroup.  Can anyone in the group give me some guidance on how
> I might locate the song in a hurry?  Thanks very much.
>

> --
> Judy Lane, Reference Coordinator, Mountain-Valley Library System
> 828 "I" Street, Suite 524, Sacramento CA 95814-2508
> voice: (916) 264-2722  **  fax: (916) 441-3425
> jlane (at) cello(dot)gina(dot)calstate(dot)edu
The song you want is in a book which is out of print.  The title of
the song is "A Hoykher Boym", taken verbatim from the penultimate
line of the text in all three verses.  The lyricist is "Shike Driz",
and the composer is "Motl Polyansky".  This song is found on pages
128-129 of "Lomir Kinder Zingen", "Let's Sing a Yiddish Song", ed.
by Itche Goldberg, Kinderbuch Publications, NYC, 211 pp., 1970.  The
Library of Congress number is "70-140312".  If you try to find this
book, look for an orange and brown cover with a white plastic binding.

I don't know what kind of celebration the Rabbi has on March 23, but
this song has a depressing-yet-hopeful text.  If you will e-mail me a
fax number, I will copy and fax these 2 pages to you, since the book
is out of print.  You will receive the music, three Yiddish verses in
transliteration and Yiddish print, and a complete translation.  The
song is in E minor and 3/4 time.  My e-mail is "schwartz (at) enter(dot)net"

                                              Cantor Neil Schwartz

--
Cantor Neil Schwartz

schwartz (at) enter(dot)net