Re: Non-Jewish Composers of "Jewish music"

Weisman (weisman (at) primenet(dot)com) wrote:
: In article <4fgl77$lb3 (at) maureen(dot)teleport(dot)com>, znmeb (at)
teleport(dot)com () wrote:

: > Dan Kazez (kazez (at) Wittenberg(dot)EDU) wrote:
: >
:  His song cycle "From
: > Jewish Folk Poetry" was composed around a book of Russian Jewish poems he
: > picked up in a book store; the melodies sound as though they were
: > obtained from Jewish sources as well -- almost klezmer, in fact.  It is,
: > to my ears at least, as much a piece of Jewish music as anything written
: > by Jews.
: >
: I thought Shostakovich was Jewish--or at least of Jewish descent.
Not that I am aware of.  He did have some Polish ancestors.
--
znmeb (at) teleport(dot)com (M. Edward Borasky) http://www.teleport.com/~znmeb

Q. Who invented the non-Von Neumann computer architecture?
A. John non-Von Neumann.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->