Re: Ruth Rubin and oak publications

In article <DL2qwJ(dot)MCJ (at) cunews(dot)carleton(dot)ca>, adubrofs (at)
ccs(dot)carleton(dot)ca
(adubrofs) wrote:

> I need to replace two books which were lost after being lent out. The first
> is by Ruth Rubin, and is a hardcover (about 8 1/2 x 11) of Jewish folk
> songs, including some Israeli songs. It is likely published in the 50's or
> 60's. Piano arrangements of folksongs, with words.
>  The second, published by Oak Publications, is a softcover, just the
> lyrics and music (no piano arrangements) of Jewish folk songs. It might
> be called Favorite Jewish folk songs, I cannot recall the exact title.
> I will need the address of Oak Publications and anyone else who might
> carry thse two books.
> Thanks.
> Anne
>

> Anne Dubrofsky                   o     _____________       o
> Carleton University             /\_  _|             |    -/\/\-
> Ottawa, Ontario.               _\__`[_______________|     /==\
> adubrofs (at) ccs(dot)carleton(dot)ca        ] [ \, ][         ][       ][

Anne,

Both books are by Ruth Rubin.  The first book is called "A Treasury of
Jewish Folksong", is copyright 1950, and has been issued twice in
paperback by the Schocken Publishing Co. in New York.  The first ppbk
edition was white, blue & green, and the recent reissue was red & orange.

The second book is called simply "Jewish Folk Songs", and is copyright
1965 by Oak Publications (which is a division of Embassy Music Corp.).
The first edition of this paperback was blue, and I believe that it has
been reissued recently with a purple cover.  My 1965 edition gives this
address:

Music Sales Corp.         You may want to try Tara publications to obtain both
33 West 60th St.          of these books.  Their phone is 1-800-TARA-400; their
New York, NY  10023       Web site is   "http://www.jewishmusic.com/tara/";

                                                          Good luck,

                                                          Cantor Neil Schwartz

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->