Acton MA 1/19/96: Robert Solomon (of Safam) "Zimrat Shalom"

Elohim will perform Solomon¹s ³Zimrat Shalom² service on
Friday, 1/19/96 in Acton MA.  For more information, email
me. - Steve Stein (szs (at) ultranet(dot)com)

_Shabbat Shirah at Congregation Beth Elohim_
by Judy Kramer
(reprinted with permission from ³The Star², Congregation
Beth Elohim, Acton MA)

Each year the adult choir of Congregation Beth Elohim (in
Acton, MA) prepares a special Shabbat service emphasizing
the wonderful variety and quality of Jewish liturgical
music.  We have explored composers from the Renaissance to
the present and experienced how these composers have
interpreted the various elements of the worship service.
In addition, to further enhance this service, for the past
six years we have hired professional cantorial soloist to
accompany the choir.  These soloists have allowed us a
greater latitude in choosing music than we would ordinarily
have.  Shabbat Shirah is certainly one of the highlights of
the year for our choir and the positive response we have
gotten indicates it is a most enjoyable event for the
congregation as well.

This year Shabbat Shirah will take place on Friday, January
19, 1996 and we are delighted to be welcoming as our guest
soloist the very talented Robert Solomon. Cantor Solomon is
the cantor at Temple Ohabei Shalom in Brookline (MA), but
is probably better known as the lead singer and songwriter
for the popular Jewish folk/rock group Safam.  He is also a
very accomplished composer as well and has written a
complete Friday evening service - ³Zimrat Shalom² - which
will be the focus of this year¹s Shabbat Shirah.  The music
is wonderful - ranging from solemn and prayerful to soaring
to toe-tapping, and there will be opportunities for
congregational participation.

Whether you are a regular attendee of our music services or
have never been to a Shabbat Shirah service before, you owe
it to yourself not to miss this one.  It will surely be one
of the most memorable events of the year.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->