SHIRAH/JCC Community Chorus on the Palisades

NEWS RELEASE

SHIRAH/The JCC Community Chorus on the Palisades will be rehearsing on
Tuesday evenings from 7:30 to 9:30, starting on 1/16/96 at the JCC on
the Palisades Thurnauer School of Music (411 East Clinton Avenue, not
far off Route 9W, in Tenafly, NJ--30 minutes or less from just about
anywhere in Bergen, Rockland, or Manhattan).

This regional chorus, under the direction of Matthew Lazar (founder
and director of the Zamir Choral Foundation, the North American Jewish
Choral Festival, etc.), specializes in the performance of Jewish
choral music in multi-part harmony, with a repertoire in Hebrew,
English, Yiddish, and Ladino.

SHIRAH will participate in the "Jerusalem 3000" celebration at Avery
Fisher Hall on 6/2/96, and will perform in Israel at the North
American Jewish Choral Festival, 7/29-8/5/96. The chorus also will be
performing in local venues this spring, including the JCC on the
Palisades.

SHIRAH is open to everyone interested in ensemble singing, and our
current roster includes singers of all ages and ranges of vocal
experience. If you love to sing, we would love to have you join us!

For more information, please call Michael Reingold at the JCC
Thurnauer School of Music, (201) 569-7900, extension 376.

(Personal note: I've been a member since SHIRAH's inception last
January, and it's an experience I enthusiastically endorse. In a
chorus like this, 100+ voices strong, the whole really is greater than
the sum of its parts--and the opportunity to sing under the direction
of the legendary and inimitable Mati Lazar is something that doesn't
come along every day!
                                                       --Anita Bonita)

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->