Re: help w/traditional non-ashkenazi jewish music

I suggest you check out several interesting styles and kinds of
performers and music.  Voice of the Turtle does beautiful renditions of
many Sefardic songs.  Flory Yegoda brings other Sefardic and Ladino
authentic flavors.  Tara music sells a book of music of the Jews of
Calcutta, I think they may have a companion recording.

The Dardashti Family sing music of Jewish Iraq and the Zamir Chorale of
Boston has recorded choral arrangements of many Jewish origins. I think
their tape Coat Of Many Colors is very fulfilling that way.

These are suggested as just a start.  Happy music hunting!

Cantor Sheldon M. Levin
slevin (at) mciunix(dot)mciu(dot)k12(dot)pa(dot)us

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->