Re: Mizrachi (popular "Sefardi) Israeli Music

I love the "Mizrachi" style! Zohar Argov was truly one of the greats. It's
too bad that his personal life was so messed up. His son, Gili, has
followed in his father's footsteps though I have not yet heard any of his
recordings.

Chaim Moshe is OK, too, though many Sephardim consider him to be a
"sell-out" and of not being "true to his roots". I don't know if I agree
with that. It's just what I've heard.

Are you familiar with: Itzik Kalah, Daklon, Avihu Medina, Nissim Garame,
Zehava Ben, Jackie Makayten, Michael Sinvani, Shimi Tavori? I'm only
scratching the surface here, there are dozens more that I know but just
can't come up with the names right now.

"Mizrachi" music is truly the Israeli "Soul" music. Although I do also
love the regular Israeli pop/rock stuff, there's nothing very unique about
the style which, until recently, always seemed about ten years behine the
current styles in the US. I love it all. My current record/tape collection
currently stands at about 170 titles. My favorite singers are Ofra Haza,
Yardena Arazi, and Gali Atari.
Favorite Book Title:

"All I need to know I learned from watching Star Trek"

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->