Re: The new generation

At 8:10 PM 7/19/95, Jeff Kenney wrote:
>It it just me or is this what is known as a "spam"?

Yes, it is. This newgroup is for discussing Jewish Music, and that message
wasn't topical.

>I am fairly new to the internet.

Welcome aboard!

>What is the appropriate response to a "spam"?

Send a polite message back to the originator and his/her postmaster to
advise them that such behavior is inappropriate. I've already sent my
message. If you want to do the same as well, that's your right.

I also send a document called "The core rules of nettiquite" to any
SPAMmers I see. It's the shortest reasonably complete of its kind that I've
found. (I didn't write it, but I do like it.) I'll send you a copy directly
so that we don't waste newsgroup/list bandwidth. I'll send a copy to anyone
else who asks, but please don't ask the whole list for me to send this
document. Mail requests directly to <walker (at) usit(dot)net>.

---
<CLICK>
"Pleeeeease, Perfessor, Daniel want no more Internet.  Daniel Tired.
Daniel want play with favorite Gumball's Cream of Asparagus Soup can."
"If you play now, there'll be that much more waiting later.  Read 20
more messages and write two more replies, and then you can play with
your soup can.  Now, re-attach your brain-probe and get back to work."
"Play with soup can?  Oh, goody, goody!"
<CLICK>
The simplest way to stop a flamewar is to breathe deeply, swallow
your bile and just LET an idiot have the last word.  -- Me
Daniel Wa1ker - walker (at) usit(dot)net - Quark XPress (QUARKXPR) list co-owner

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->