Re: ROMANIA (0/1)

>Almost.  Rumania, Rumania is originally by Aaron Lebedeff, who is NOT
>Joel Grey's dad.  He first recorded it in the early 20s (I think), and
>went on to record it numerous times since.  Mickey Katz was Grey's
>father, and Joel did RR with Katz, when he sang with that band.

Other than the Pro Arte CD and the Banner CD, does anyone out there know
when if of the other Lebedeff recordings are available? I'd love to see a
recording of early Lebedeff issued. What a wonderful singer/actor.  A few
cuts of his are on a Dave Tarras CD (Yazoo label) and two are on a French
anthology entitled Yiddish, New York/Paris/Warsaw, issued in France by
Fremaux and Associates, and available at some Tower stores. But I would
like more!

thanks,
LESIT (Al Lesitsky)

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->