The Best in Jewish Contempory Music

It seems to me that although there is a great deal of contempory Jewish music
that is being written and recorded, there is a major lack in true quality
Jewish music.  People like Safam of Boston or Voice of the Turtle are making
great strides and should be commended for their work but I wouldn't put what
they are doing on the same level as say Paul Simon in the pop world(as compared
to Safam) or the very best ear
ly music groups(as compared to Voice of the Turtle).  Someone like Noa Nini
seemed like she might be a likely candidate but to me she seems to be doing
less and less of what I would call Jewish music.  Of coure we aren't totally
without,  there are people like Ofra Haza and maybe Giora Feidman but they seem
to be too few and far between.  What do you think.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->