Re: Modern Jewish music

Some time ago you wrote asking about Linda Hirshhorn.  She's a
folksinger/cantor who lives in California.  She gives concerts all
around
the country. She has several tapes out and can either be ordered through
Ladyslipper catalogue or from her directly at "Linda Hirshhorn, Oyster
Albums, PO Box 3929, Berkley Calif.  She does great rounds and her two
latest tapes are GAther Round and Roots and Wings. I wanted to post the
address of a numberof other feminist jewish singers for reference:

Shefa Gold, c/o RRC Church Rd and Greenwood Ave, Wyncote, Pa 19095- she
writes chants, and wonderful harmies, new liturgy.  Has eight tapes out.

Hanna Tiferet Siegel, 8 Carter Street, Hanover, NH 03755, Has a Jewish
healing tape out as well as two other great new liturgy tapes.

Margot Stein Azen 608 W. Upsal Street, Phil 19144- has ttwo tapes out
-her own music and the soundtrack to Guarding the Garden, a environmental
eco-feminist Jewish take on the Adam, Eve and Lilith story.  I'm going to
be making a tpae with her this year as well. Enjoy the new sounds. Geela
Rayzel

On Thu, 11 Aug 1994 Primerib1 (at) aol(dot)com wrote:

> Re: Modern Jewish music

> Shalom, Geela Rayzel!

> I sat upright when I read "heard" you mention Linda Hirschorn.  I've only
> heard one album: I don't even now its title, but it included an extraordinary
> song called "Marbeh."

> Can you tell me anything about her?  Where is she from?  What age bracket is
> she in?  Which label does she record for?  Does she do concerts?  Is she
> harmonizing with herself?  Does she compose and arrange her own songs?

> Hope to hear from you....

> Chava

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->