Re: Modern Jewish music

On Sat, 6 Aug 1994, Shlobbo wrote:

> there are lots of Jewish artists out who do lots of modern Jewish stuff,
> as opposed to klezmer and yiddish music.

> any other Jewish music lovers out there?  e-mail me at  Shlobbo (at)
> aol(dot)com(dot)

Yes, Shlobbo, my specialty is new Jewish feminist, non-sexist, (men and
women's) liturgical music and I
am up onthe others who are producing this as well. Beyond Debbie
Freidman, for example, Linda Hirshchorn, Margot Stein Azen, Leila
burner,Jack Gabriel, Yitz husband-Hankins, etc. and myself.
        My lates tune, after spending three weeks at the beach is a
harmonic rendition of Yiram hayam U'm'lo-oh

Listening to the waves as they rock 'n roll
Gentle rhythm soothe my soul
Yiram hayam u-m-lo-oh
Shabbat rolles in along with the tide
My spirit soars along for the ride
Yiram ha-yan u-m-lo-oh.
Let me know if you want the rest of the verses.
Geela Rayzel

Topic No. 7

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->