(Tech, not music this time) listserv or usenet newsgroup?

I'm kinda' confused. I just started subscribed to jewish-music (at)
nysernet(dot)org,
and many of the messages seem to be the same as the ones in the usenet
newsgroup alt.music.jewish.

Is this a coincidence, or are the two gateway-ed to each other? Is the
gateway bidirectional, or does one of the two get more messages?
--
Daniel Walker -- walker (at) usit(dot)net
    <click> daniel tired. please professor: want no more internet today. want

    No, Daniel, not yet. You still need to read and reply to three more EMail
messages and browse that new www home-page, THEN you may play with your soup
can until sleep time. Now put your brain-probe back in.

    play until sleep time? oh goody, goody! <click>

Topic No. 10

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->