Spanish & Portuguese (Amsterdam) Liturgical Tradition

My interest is to exchange and study liturgical music in my Sephardic tradition.
This is the tradition of Amsterdam (the "Esnoga"), London (Bevis Marks), and New
Amsterdam (Shearith Israel). My ancestors followed this tradition for more than
300 years in Jamaica, West Indies. My early liturgical education was just enough
to establish an identity and to encourage me to learn more as an adult.

At this point, my reference material is as follows:

1) SEPHARDI MELODIES, from Bevis Marks synagogue, originally published by
Emanuel Aguilar and Rev. D. A. de Sola in 1857 and reprinted in 1931 with an
addendum by E. R. Jessurun.

2) THE BOOK OF PRAYER AND ORDER OF SERVICE (set of 6 books), from Bevis Marks
synagogue, based on work by Rev. D. A. de Sola, and edited and revised by Haham
Moses Gaster in 1904.

3) SEPHARDIC MELODIES LIVE FROM BEVIS MARKS SYNAGOGUE (tape), from Bevis Marks,
recorded at the Sir Moses Montifiore Anniversary Concert in July 1984.

4) SEPHARDIC SONGS OF PRAISE (book and tape), from Shearith Israel, by Hazzan
Abraham Lopez Cardoso, published in 1987.

5) SELECTED SEPHARDIC CHANTS (book and tape), from Shearith Israel, by Hazzan
Abraham Lopez Cardoso, published in 1991.

At this point I am able to prepare the Haphtarah in the Bevis Marks tradition.
My next objective is to learn the accents for the Parashah in the same
tradition.

Anyone interested in studying this tradition should contact me directly.

Topic No. 6

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->