Looking for music of composers who died in the Holocaust

As part of my local symphony's establishment of several programs
to commemorate the 50th anniversay of the end of World War 2 in the
musical seasons of both 1994/95 and 1995/96, we wish to perform
music of composers who perished in the holocaust.

The following circumstances apply:

        1. It must be orchestral music, though there is no
        restriction on the resources that are requested by
        the composer; i.e., it can be large scale symphonic,
        a work with chorus, vocal and/or instrumental soloists,
        etc.  But the work may not be chamber music, though
        a chamber orchestra is a possible exception, depending
        on the work.

        2. Performance materials must be available, though in
        certain circumstances, such material could be produced
        locally from an orchestral score.

        3. Some biographical information about the composer
        should be available though this would not be an
        absolute impediment.

        4. Both previously performed works and never-performed
        works are equally appropriate.

                    .  But that person or persons must          from that group
of composers who perished, not fr
Can the internet world out there point me in the right direction
for the purpose of uncovering such music?  Are there any articles
or research papers that I need to get and read that will help me
uncover what others alreadymay already know with respect to
composers who would be appropriate for this event.

If anyone out there knows of one or more specific works that
fill this bill, the concert selection committee will be most
grateful and, all things being equal, there is a high likelyhood
of at least a half-dozen compositions being performed during our
commemorative seasons

Please feel free to write me directly at the email address
given at the end of this posting.

Dan Leeson, Los Altos, California
(leeson (at) admin(dot)fhda(dot)edu)

Topic No. 9