Klezcamp and more

My in-laws called in from their first trip to YIVO sponsored Klezcamp. They
say they are having a great time and have been up till 2am every morning
listening to the shpielers shpiel. I just received a cassette of a group
from Israel called Bustan. Haven't had a chance to give it a listen yet but
the article accompanying the tape speaks of their use of world music to
create the sound. I can't wait to listen.
PS: news from Klezcamp also about over 100 people lighting their Chanukah
menorahs (chanukiot for all you Hebrew purists) adn the place beginning to
resemble a catholic shrine because there were so many candles. I'm sure that
resemblance faded quickly once someone broke into the Yiddish version of Oh
Chanukah Oh Chanukah! Zie Gezundt.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->