hanashir

Re: Chords from Hava Nashira '97

Hey Y'all,

I just got back from my Oconomowoc-San Francisco road trip, during which I
happily blasted all of your voices from my Hava Nashira '97 tapes while
cruising down the interstate.

I was a diligent chord-writer-downer for new music which I hadn't heard
and couldn't find in my NFTY Chordster or Manginot, and am planning on
typing it all into the growing music file on my hard-drive. I would be
happy to jump-start that process for any songs which people are interested
in having for the summer. Right now I have them all jotted down on my
official Hava Nashira yellow notepad. I won't be posting them directly to
this list, but feel free to email me back if you want me to send you
something specific.

Here are the titles of some songs which I grabbed chords for. If something
isn't here you can try me anyhow, I might be planning on figuring it
out... I haven't confirmed all of the composers yet, but hopefully you'll
remember which ones were taught:

Min Hameitzar, V'al Roshi (Carlbach), Dodi Tzach, Lay'hudim (Friedman),
Y'did Nefesh, Y'varech'cha (Klepper), Elohim Y'choneinu, K'chu Imachem
(Carlbach), Kol Han'shama (Pakistani), Psalm 150 (the one Jeff taught),
B'shiva Shel Ma'ala (Friedman), Zam'ru L'adonai B'chinor (Friedman), Oh
Guide My Steps, Nigun (1st one we learned from Debbie), Shalom Aleichem,
V'nomar L'fanav (Friedman), Adon Olam (the one Jeff taught), Yotzer Or,
Od'cha Ki Anitani, We're Gonna Build This World (Friedman), Shavua Tov
(we did it at the end of Havdallah)

Musically yours,

Josh "The Tree Song Guy" Miller

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 Sbguitar2 (at) aol(dot)com wrote:

> I am suggesting that since we were not given chords to the songs that we
> learned at Hava Nashira, we should make a list of all of the songs that we
> would like chords to and send it out through email.  Everyone got different
> chords to different songs so someone is bound to have the chords to the song
> that you want.  DO I MAKE ANY SENSE??  no i didn't think so, but i hope you
> get my point.
> It was a great experience for me!  THanks to everyone who was there
> -Sara Greene

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->