hanashir

RE: Summer Fun

On Thursday, May 01, 1997 0:23, NeilNFW (at) aol(dot)com [SMTP:NeilNFW (at)
aol(dot)com] wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> This will be my first experience at Hava Nashira and I am looking forward
> with earger anticipation.  Anything special that I should expect?

A great time, good camaraderie and unpredictable weather. Bring an umbrella or
poncho. (Then, of course, it won't rain.)
Bring money to buy music and tapes that may be available.
Bring a nice portable tape recorder and plenty of tapes.
Bring a sense of humor.
Bring a "Gates of Prayer for Assemblies" (or as Debbie calls it, "Gates of
Gender") if you happen to have your own copy.
If you're picky, bring your own pillow and some extra blankets (the camp ones
are a little light.)
Be prepared for serious sleep deprivation.

> Also, I am looking for advice on getting my 12-string on an airplane -- I'm
> not sure if I should trust baggage handlers and this is her first time
> flying!

Although I'm not a guitarist, I say keep the baggage handlers off your guitar!

Adrian

durleste (at) plains(dot)nodak(dot)edu
Adrian A. Durlester, Production Manager
Festival Concert Hall, North Dakota State University
Director of Music & Religious Education, Temple Beth El, Fargo, North Dakota
Alternate Email: aad (at) iname(dot)com  72507(dot)471 (at) compuserve(dot)com
adriand (at) aol(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->