hanashir

Re: Song Session Title

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997 16:39:27 -0600, "Adrian A. Durlester"
<durleste (at) plains(dot)nodak(dot)edu> wrote:

>I you had a music book that was a collection of Shabbat Z'mirot, and also
many non-Shabbat tunes, with more "American Nusach" type tunes, designed
primarily for use in a Reform or Conservative enviroinment for when people
want to get together and sing---what would you call it? It's obviously not
exclusively z'mirot. The word kumsitz tends to get used pretty liberally -
it has a more specific context when used by Orthodox Jews.

>So-what do you call a song session like that: a sing-down? A Shir Fest?
What? Your suggestions, which will be passed on to the party needing them,
will be much appreciated.

How about a 'Zemer Sitz'?

Moshe Denburg

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->