hanashir

re: Hanukkah music

Hello, all.  I've used a few Flory Jagoda (wonderful bearer of Ladino
traditions from Sarajevo) songs with my children's choir (3-4-5th grade).
Ocho Candelikas and Hannuka, o Hannuka (pardon the lousy
transliterations...) can both be heard on a Voice of the Turtle
recording-Circle of Fire. The Ladino certainly makes these songs different
from the usual holiday fare and the texts are quite minimal, so the songs
are easy to learn. And yes, you can perform them without accpompaniment.
Rita

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Leah Ingerham wrote:

> Shalom...speaking of this Hannukah music thing, I teach Sunday school kids
> (K-4), and I want to introduce them to some new Hanukkah music in the next
> couple of weeks.  Thing is, though, I need some fun stuff to do with them
> that I can do without a guitar, which, as I've found, points me towards
> doing a different kind of music than if I was teaching with accompaniment.
> But that's a whole other issue...anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd
> love to hear them.  Todah rabah! :)
> -Leah

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->