hanashir

Re: songs about books and reading

A couple of songs come to mind. One is Fran Avni's "Zman Likro Ivrit" (time
to read Hebrew) --  It's pretty simple, and would probably be best for
primary graders. Basically, the lyrics are "Zman likro, zman likro Ivrit..."
and then the song recites the aleph bet. She has a wonderful tape (and CD, I
imagine), with lots of fun children's songs -- all aimed at teaching basic
Hebrew vocabulary.

For a song about the 5 Books of Moses, here is "Shir HaChumashim," which goes
to the tune of "Simi Yadeich":

Ha-shem creates the world in sefer B'rei-sheet,
The Fathers and the Mothers we do meet.  (CHORUS)

In sefer Sh'mot we are freed from being slaves,
Ha-shem gives us the Torah and we learn its ways.  (CHORUS)

Sefer Vayikrah puts us in the mood,
Sacrifices in the Temple and eating kosher food.  (CHORUS)

Bamidbar, in the desert we learn to depend
That food, drink and shelter come from Ha-shem.  (CHORUS)

In sefer D'varim, Moshe says farewell,
The Jews prepare to enter Eretz Yisrael.  (CHORUS)

When we finish the Torah at the end,
Right away we start again.  (CHORUS)

CHORUS (after each verse, repeat twice):
Ay-lu hem ha-chu-ma-shim
B'rei-sheet, Sh'mot, Va-yik-rah,
Ba-mid-bar, D'va-rim.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->