  From: Susan Linder
  To: hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org
  Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 3:04 PM
  Subject: [HANASHIR:17126] RE: need a suggestion

  Susan Linder passed this question on to me, because I'm her "school
librarian."  Some good books for the child in question might be:

  I Wanted to Know All About God by Virginia Kroll
  Because Nothing Looks Like God by Lawrence Kushner
  What Is God? by Etan Boritzer
  Hello, Hello, Are You There, God? by Molly Cone
  Where Does God Live? by August Gold
  most any book by Sandy Eisenberg Sasso, including In God's Name, and God In
Between

  for parents, to help them know how to talk with kids:
  Where Does God Live? by Rabbi Marc Gellman & Monsignor Thomas Hartman
  When Children Ask About God by Harold S. Kushner
  Teaching Your Children About God by David J. Wolpe

  Heidi Estrin
  Feldman Children's Library
  Congregation B'nai Israel
  Boca Raton, FL
  heidi (at) cbiboca(dot)org

  Susan

  Susan Shane-Linder

  "Singin' With Susan"

  2003 Children's Music Web Award Winner

  Preschool & Religious School Music Director

  Congregation B'nai Israel

  Boca Raton, Florida

  singinwithsusan (at) hotmail(dot)com

  www.singinwithsusan.com

  From: "Rabbi Richard Schachet" >Reply-To: hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org >To:
,, >CC: >Subject: [HANASHIR:17117] need a suggestion >Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004
20:15:54 -0800 > >My grandson, (age 5 1/2 and quite bright of course) is asking
his parents questions about God. I have not been in the main stream of books
for this age group in a long time. Can anyone suggested a book(s) for my
daughter to share with him? > >Many thanks. > >Dick Schachet