hanashir

[HANASHIR:17083] Re: Building Song

In a message dated 3/13/04 11:37:16 PM, robinshuler (at) yahoo(dot)com writes:

> The 2nd and 3rd graders of our Religious School are participating in our
> Family Service this coming Shabbat.  The Torah Portion(s), Vayachel -
> Pekudey, are all about building the Mishkan.  I'm tying in what they're
> doing with the whole Bob the Builder concept - Can we build it?  YES WE
> CAN! What I need is a closing song.  Something besides the Bob the Builder
> Song.  If I Had a Hammer and Dreamer come to mind.  Does anyone have any
> other suggestions?

Last CAJE, Debbie Friedman taught us a short, repetitive chorus to "Ve'asu li
mikdash, v'shachanti b'tocham"...she might have it transcribed??? I taped it
last summer, so i was able to teach it and used it for Terumah and it went
over beautifully.

Yaffa

It is good to make a habit of inspiring yourself with a melody…
For the loftiness of melody is beyond all measure.
- Rebbe Nachman of Bratslav

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->