From: Gail Nalven [mailto:golda18 (at) nyc(dot)rr(dot)com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 6:47 PM
To: hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org
Subject: [HANASHIR:17040] reform liturgy

shalom,
does anyone have a source for how the reform mov't chose to create the
liturgy as it did?  I'm curious about how the leaders chose the stand
vs. sit in the shma and saying the baruch shem kavod line out loud,
among other issues.  surprisingly, i have not been able to find an
answer to any of my questions by the various clergy members that i have
asked along the way.

thanks,
gail

Gail F. Nalven
N.Y.C.

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, http://shamash.org
a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

To unsubscribe email listproc (at) shamash(dot)org and have your message read:
unsubscribe hanashir

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->