hanashir

[HANASHIR:15168] Re: Greater Boston Jewish Music Festival and Family Day

If this is Lubavitch, then I am assuming the performers will be MEN - for
the issue of Kol Isha would definitely come into play here.

Rahel

At 09:47 AM 8/25/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Chevrei --
>
>If any of you will be in the Boston area for Labor Day weekend, I would
>love for
>you come to the 3rd Annual Greater Boston Jewish Music Festival and Family
>Day,
>presented by Shaloh House.  The festival will be from 10am to 5pm on Monday,
>September 1st (Labor Day), at Prowse Farm in Canton, MA (right off of Rt. 128,
>Exit 2B).  There will be a wide variety of musical acts, activities for
>the kids,
>a "shuk", and kosher food -- and the organizers expect as many as 10,000+
>people!
>
>What is nice about this festival (even though last year it rained), is
>that the
>organizers (Lubavitch) make it a point of inviting a variety of Jewish music
>genres and traditions to perform.  I played this festival last year with Noam
>Katz, and Safam was the headliner; the first year of the Festival, Reb David
>Paskin (www.shirav.net) was featured.
>
>This year, I will be returning to headline the all-new Children's stage, and
>headlining the main stage will be Yom Hadash.  Other musical performers
>include
>Mizrach (www.mizrach.com) and Daniel Gil. For additional information, and
>directions, visit www.shalohhouse.com.  Please stop by, introduce yourself
>(if we
>haven't already met), and visit -- I'd love to see you!
>

>B'shalom,
>
>Steve Meltzer
>508-366-9457  (home)
>508-579-8433  (cell)
>AIM Screen Name:  meltz15
>steve (at) meltzerworld(dot)net
>www.meltzerworld.net
>

>"Rock With Ruach!" now available at
>www.meltzerworld.net/rockwithruach.htm
>
>*********************************
>
>"Who is wise?  One who learns from everybody."  --  Pirkei Avot 4:1

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

* * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * *
Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive,
objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas
of Judaism.  Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->