hanashir

[HANASHIR:15135] RE: virus????

Chaverim:

I am (literally) just home from CAJE. More on that later.

Please be assured that any messages you received that appeared to be from
the hanashir list that contained a virus were NOT from the hanashir list.
Shamash's system does not allow this to happen. What you are receiving are
"spoofed" messages that appear to come from one source but are actually from
another. Many virii and worms use this tactic.

For more info, see:
http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32(dot)sobig(dot)f (at) mm(dot)html

and for more on how spoofing works, see

http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/email_spoofing.html

Adrian

Adrian A. Durlester, MTS
E-mail: adrian (at) durlester(dot)com  www.durlester.com
Director of Education & Congregational Life, Bethesda Jewish Congregation,
Bethesda, MD
www.bethesdajewish.com
Co-Director, Hazamir/JTAI Choir of Greater DC
Past Conf Chair, CAJE 27, August 4-8, 2002, Trinity University, San Antonio,
TX
List Owner, hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org; Jewish Songleaders/Performers List
www.ehavanashira.org
Co-Owner, l-torah (at) shamash(dot)org; Liberal Torah Discussion List