hanashir

[HANASHIR:15102] more about fees

We are, for the first time, hiring a piano accompanist/choir director.  At this
point his duties will be about 5 or 6 choir rehearsals.. all of High Holidays
(one day R.H.), a December 6 concert which will include at least 2 rehearsals
and possibly once a month services.

What is a fair compensation as a package-- if we pay individually for each
session-- if we break it down to HH?---Concert?---Shabbat?

In the past our Cantorial Solosit was also the accompanist  and choir director.
 He was fair with the choir.  We paid him $1,750 for HH and $175 for Shabbat
which included usually one rehearsal.

Keep in mind that Las Vegas is not a high paying community..  It cannot compare
to L.A., N.Y. or Boston.

Suggestions???--  We are not a wealthy congregation. In fact, I do not take a
salary nor does my wife who acts as the executive director.  Dues are maximum
$400 but most are seniors paying $275.00  We have about 100 members.

Rabbi Richard I Schachet
Valley Outreach Synagogue

The past has a vote, not a veto.  M. M.Kaplan z'l

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->