hanashir

[HANASHIR:14188] Re: Star Spangled Banner a capella

> >> Does anyone have any advice about a capella singing? Any advice about
> >> singing in front of 5,000 people?
> >>
> >> ANY help would be greatly appreaciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> Judi Krumbein
> >> Cherry Hill, NJ

The Rochester Jewish Chorale (made up of adults) sang the national anthem
several times at the Red Wings Baseball game over a number of years. The most
important advice I can think of is to explain to the kids that feedback echo is
pretty strong and it is important to sing out and ignore the echo. Maybe stand
close enough together to be sure everyone hears each other. I assume your group
will have a microphone?  Other than that,I can't think of anything else.

Ellen Lerner
Rochester, Ny