From: owner-hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org [mailto:owner-hanashir (at)
shamash(dot)org] On
Behalf Of QuelliPG (at) aol(dot)com
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 4:21 PM
To: hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org
Subject: [HANASHIR:14153] RE: Shalom Aleichem

took me a minute to realize that you meant heveinu shalom aleichem, not
shalom aleichem mal'achei hasharet....   have no idea where it comes
from but I always sing it with Kindergarten at the beginning of the year
- I make them count the shaloms.... (it's not easy for them)

as for a round,  how about etz chaim hi - the one with the shalom,
shalom and clapping... it's not exactly a round, but both parts can be
sung simultaneously...
another easy one that a lot of people don't realize is a round is Torah
torah torah (tziva lanu Moshe)  - it's actually 3 parts if you do the
morasha k'hillat ya-akov part.    I actually heard the same melody on a
wee sing kids tape years ago "let us sing together, let us sing
together, one and all a joyous song..." .  I have no idea which one was
written first. :)

What's my prize ;)
Raquel

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->