hanashir

[HANASHIR:12335] Re: Ma Tovu - It's the Morning

Hello Cantor Devorah Felder-Levy,

"Ma Tovu - It's the Morning" was written by Rabbi Margot Stein (I believe
she titles it simply Ma Tovu). It is recorded on her CD, Create out of
Nothing and also on the Camp Swig/Newman CD Shir L'Yom Chadash. Note that
the song went through some "folk processing" before it made it to the Swig
CD, so the two versions are a bit different. Obviously, Rabbi Stein's
recording is how it was the originally written. :)

It appears that Rabbi Stein is working for the Jewish Reconstructionist
Federation now, and her contact info is all available on this site:
http://www.jrf.org/contact-staff.html. I have never seen sheet music for
her song, but if its out there, I presume she would know.

Here's a link to her CD on Soundwrite.com:
http://www.soundswrite.com/swstore11.html#azen

Here's a link to the Swig CD on Soundwrite.com:
http://www.soundswrite.com/swstore1.html#shirlyom

Hope that helps!

- Josh Miller
   Evanston, Illinois