hanashir

[HANASHIR:11198] Re: Passover Suess-like excerpt

Here is an excerpt from another little Suess-like poem I wrote for my family
years back:

The things this king did would make anyone shiver
Like tossing each son that was born in the river

And this is quite interesting, many don't know this
But one of those sons tossed would soon become Moses

You see, a young woman of Levite descent
Hid her small baby son where the wide river bent

In an ark filled with bulrushes, hidden from view
And guess who found him? Pharaoh's daughter, that's who!

And Moses' sister was sneakin' about
And said, "Oh, a baby, can I help you out?"
"I know where the most perfect nursemaid is at."
It was Moses's mother. (What are the odds of that?)

And she cared for Moses until he was grown
Thus, Moses was raised, they say, "knowing his own."

But once Moses saw the most terrible fight
Push became shove and then smit became smite
And the one who got smote was a poor Hebrew gent
And they weren't great smiters (as great smiters went)

An Egyptian smote the poor Hebrew away
And smoting is bad for you, even today

That didn't stop Moses 'cause that's all she wrote
For the Egyptian smiter no sooner was smote!

©1999 by Gordon Lustig

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->