hanashir

[HANASHIR:11131] March 13th-day of prayer

      It seems like a good time to put our differences aside, and unite it
prayer...
      This came my way, and I thought that we can add our musical gifts to this
cause.
      Shirona

      Day Of Fasting, Prayer - And Unity

      This coming Wednesday, March 13, Erev Rosh Chodesh Nissan, has been
declared a day of fasting and prayer for Jews all around the world, and will
include a central prayer service at the Western Wall. The Chief Rabbinate of
Israel, the Council of Torah Sages, and Orthodox Union/Rabbinical Council of
America and others have all endorsed the call to make this Wednesday a day of
unity and repentance in light of the grave situation facing the State of
Israel. Those in Israel and abroad who cannot come to the Western Wall for the
special prayer service are asked to gather in their own synagogues for the same
purpose, and to recite special Yom Kippur Katan prayers, especially Psalms 83,
130, and 142. The Chief Rabbinate statement reads,
      "In light of the difficult situation in which the Nation of Israel is
given, in which the blood of our brothers the Sons of Israel is spilled, and we
have none on whom to rely except our Father in Heaven..."

      The Council of Torah Sages (associated with the United Torah Judaism
party) has released an "Urgent Call to All Jews," beginning,
      "Nation of G-d! Awaken, arouse yourselves and call out to G-d! ... Let
large numbers of those who fear G-d and cherish His name gather together to
pour out their prayers before the Creator of all, in all the synagogues and
study halls wherever they live, throughout the world, on Wednesday... Let us
return to G-d with full force, let us better our ways both in matters between
man and G-d and those between man and his fellow. Let us distance ourselves
from evil speech and gossip, and increase our love for others. Let each of us
perceive the positive in others and not their shortcomings. Let us strengthen
ourselves in Torah and fear of Heaven and in the fulfillment of commandments...
"

      The OU and RCA released a joint statement to the same effect:
      "The Matzav [situation] in Medinat Yisrael [the State of Israel] is truly
bewildering, discouraging and even depressing not only for our brothers and
sisters who reside there, but also for Kol Beit Yisrael [the entire House of
Israel]. More than ever, a fact in which we of the Orthodox community always
believed is also being recognized by others, "we have no one on whom to rely
except our Father in Heaven." ...

Singer, Songwriter and Teacher of Jewish Music
 Visit my website at    www.shirona.com
Listen to my music at www.mp3.com/shirona