hanashir

[HANASHIR:9687] Re: Mi Chamocha grammar

Rachelle,

Well, both words are spelled the same in the Torah...

I don't know about the grammar, but, for what it's worth, there is a
midrash concerning the reason for the difference.  As b'ney Israel were
marvelling about making it through the sea, they recalled walking into the
water.  As the water got deeper and deeper, the "kh" sound became unsafe to
make, but the hard "k", being made with the throat completely closed, would
not allow any water to pass into their lungs.

Shabbat shalom!

Andy