  From: owner-hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org [mailto:owner-hanashir (at)
shamash(dot)org]On
Behalf Of CantorJ (at) aol(dot)com
  Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 7:54 AM
  To: hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org
  Subject: [HANASHIR:9658] Yizkor Psalms

  Chevre,
  The choral setting of Adonai Mah Adam in the "Union Hymnal" by Halpern is
  very effective.  It is in the thin, brown volume of responses.

  Another beautiful setting of Psalm 23 in English is that of Heinrich
Schalit.
   It is a solo setting and may still be available through Transcontinental
  Music.
  Although I am not sure if someone was suggesting that there was a need for
  new translation of that psalm, I caught a thread of conversation which
  offered another possibility.  Be cautious about changing the words to
Psalm
  23.  Many, many people are uncomfortable when any other than the "old"
  version is used -- Yizkor is a time for comfort, not political
correctness.

  Janice Roger

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->