hanashir

[HANASHIR:9659] Re: HANASHIR digest 1321

Dear Friends -
I write in tribute to Alice Weinstein, with whom I had the pleasure of working
during my six year stay in Cleveland.  Alice was a mainstay of Fairmount Temple
and its Religious School for many years, untiring in her creative efforts in
music and primary education. She was never too busy to help a new teacher, to
share new music, or to help us all be more organized in our efforts and
administration of the school. She was also a devoted spouse and parent of two
children, and even stepped in to babysit for my own children when her daughter
was unable to do so.  She never stopped in her advancement of her own
education, returning to graduate study in Jewish education after her children
were grown, and continually sharing her gifts with the larger Cleveland Jewish
community. She was a huge supporter of Yad L'Kashish in Jerusalem, among many
other causes, and dove into every project 100%.
Years later, she never forgot my family in her seasonal cards and greetings,
another testament to her ability to maintain warmth and connection in a way few
of us are able to match.
Alice's skills, gifts, and passion for caring and sharing is to be admired, and
will be sorely missed by so many.
thank you, Alice, for everything.
Sincerely,
Ellen Dreskin