hanashir

[HANASHIR:9656] Adonai Ro-i

At my rabbi's request, I have been singing the Janowski Adonai Ro-i at funerals
and Yizkor.  I had some concerns about singing it acapella, since there is no
accompaniment at funerals, but was surprised at how well it works with no
instrumentation.  I especially like that it is in Hebrew with only  one English
line: "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want."  This little bit of the
vernacular is like an anchor for those who do not follow Hebrew well.

Gerald Cohen's Adonai Ro-i is lush and beautiful and I have chosen this melody
for Yizkor at Yom Kippur this year.  I can't say which I prefer since they are
both so beautiful.

Rachelle

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->