hanashir

[HANASHIR:9589] Re: Apples and Honey (and old dances)

There are 2 Rosh Hashanah blessings before eating apple & honey:

"Baruch ata Adonai,
Eloheinu Melech ha-olam
Borei p'ri ha-etz.

 Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the universe,
Who creates the fruit of the tree.

Y'hi ratzon mi-l'fanecha Adonai Eloheinu v'elohei avoteinu shet'chadeish aleinu
shana tova u'me-tuka

 May it be Your will to renew us for a good and sweet year."

I don't know that there is any "tune" for either b'racha.

As for the dance you were recalling -- it sounds like the dance that goes to
the song "Yeish Lanu Tayish" --
* Dancers form 2 lines facing each other.
* The people at the head of each join hands, sidestep quickly down and back
between the lines, return to their original place and make a bridge with their
hands
* The 2 lines go under their arms and make U-turns to the outside, re-forming
the lines.
* The "bridge" couple break apart, following their respective line to the end,
leaving a new couple at the front to repeat the routine.
* Continue until every "couple" has had a turn at the head of the line.

(Hope this makes any sense at all!)

Linda Salvay