hanashir

[HANASHIR:5388] Re: Sher Music and Israel

Ethan, I felt I had to respond to this issue (hope it's not too far off the
subject).  It sounds like Mr. Sher bases his feelings about the Israeli
government on a particular set of facts.  It is very popular to pick on Israel
in the press, with its open press policy.  It is easy to look at the poor
Palestinians as an oppressed people.  While some specific actions of the
Israeli government and its soldiers and police may be considered objectionable
by some, a balanced examination would require that a reasonable person look at
the Palestinian government and its representatives as well.

Mr. Sher's knee-jerk acceptance of the propaganda of the Arab nations is sadly
out-of-date.  The major Arab countries have begun to trade with Israel, or are
in the planning stages to work with Israel on economic normalization.  The Arab
economic boycott of Israeli is slowly dissipating.

I have a question, though -- I thought that participation in a boycott of
Israel is now illegal in the U.S.  If this is true, then is Mr. Sher's company
in violation of that?

Brian Serle