hanashir

[HANASHIR:5355] Sher Music boycott

Chuck Sher, publisher of the "Real Book" and other jazz legal fake books,
won't sell to me because I live in the criminal Zionist State; no kidding.
If, like me, you also like to play jazz, and his policy angers you, then
perhaps you'll take up the cause.  Order a book from his website
http://www.shermusic.com/ to an Israeli address, or using an Israeli credit
card, or order his new release, "The Standards Fake Book" and write in the
"comments" space of his online order form that the order might be for your
buddy Elad in Israel.  If someone has a good idea about how to punish this
merchant, I'd like to hear it.  I'm enclosing a copy of our correspondence;
please note that the earlier correspondence is at the bottom of the page:

Chuck Sher wrote: We have no cancellation of order official forms, so
please print out this email and consider it your offical cancellation.
All the best - Chuck Sher

Yahel-technit1 (at) ardom(dot)ardom(dot)co(dot)il wrote:

> Fine Chuck, have it your way.  It's a global village, and your presumably
> well-meaning, but misguided policy is futile.  In the end, I'll get your
> book,  you'll get my money, and neither of us will have changed the
other's
> mind. I won't bother to enter into a political dialog with you about
Israel,
> since on that score we're not even speaking the same language.  To me you
> seem like a victim of propaganda.
>
> Please send me an official confirmation of cancellation of the order; we
> wouldn't want my credit card to be charged.
>
> Elad
>
> Here's a thought for you: Maybe you shouldn't sell to your fellow
Americans,
> until your government gives the land it stole back to the Native
Americans.

I've
> > > bought two books from you before; check your records.  Does it really
> > matter
> > > where you send the books?  I can very easily have someone else buy the
> > book
> > > for me, and you'll never know the difference.  I'm willing to overlook
> > your
> > > politics because I love music; why not just save me the hassle and the
> > > fiction of having to do what I just described, and please sell me the
> > book
> > > directly.  We can agree to disagree about politics.
> > >
> > > Yours,
> > >
> > > Elad
> > >
> > > PS: Just out of curiosity, would you sell to Palestinian from, say
Gaza?
> > > Would you inquire into his background?  How about a convicted murderer
> > in a
> > > U.S. jail?  Where does it begin and end for you?

Israel
> > the
> > the
> > accepted
> > re:

That's it for now.  I'd love to get some feedback on this.

Elad Lending,

Kibbutz Yahel