hanashir

[HANASHIR:5353] Re: megillat esther

The Purim side of Latkes and hamentashen - namely HAMENTASHEN has 8 adorable
songs for Purim:
A Silly King
(Mirror, Mirror) Esther's Dressing song
Esther, Marry Me
We Feel Sad
Oy, Oy, Uncle Mordechai
The Plan
Mean Old Haman
Purim's Here.
These songs written by Jackie Cytrynbaum have become classics in the early
childhood world. They are singable, 'act-acble-outable' and tell the story.
The music is in our HOLIDAY SONGBOOK FOR KIDS (TARA)
by Avni and Cytrynbaum. Available from Tara, Lemonstone Records in Montreal
or contact me directly.

Here's another overview song called Purim Playsong also in the book.
PURIM PLAYSONG: words & music © Fran Avni
He was a hero, proud and brave
Stood up to Haman, what a wicked knave
He was a hero, wise and brave
Uncle Mordechai.

Lovely Esther, oh so clever
Won the King's own heart.
A-chash-ve-rosh swore he'd never
Take old Haman's part.

CHO:
 Here's to our heroes Mordechai
and Esther the apple of his eye
With her smile, their winning plan
Did put an end to old Haman
Put an end to old Haman.

Whenever Haman's name is mentioned
Jump up quickly to attention
Wave your graggers in the air
Let Haman and his sons beware.
CHO
So - here's to our heroes....
AMEN!!!!!

It is not recorded anywhere although it has been translated into Hebrew for
Tal Sela and is part of that curriculum. If anyone wants the sheet music,
write me directly and I will FAX it.
And one more song is on A.R.E'.s Z'MAN LASHIR  - cassette and songbook.with
words by Dina Maiben. It is a delightful spoof, all in easy hebrew for
vocabulary building. You can reach me for details.

All of this material came out so many years ago that younger songleaders and
educators are not familiar with them. But I am still constantly asked to
perform and present them, and LATKES is all over the world by now. ( Meris
was my wonderful MIRROR in Esther's dressing song several times many moons
ago. These songs are very interactive - both in the classroom and the living
room.)
Fran Avni