hanashir

[HANASHIR:5253] Re: hallelu - Alla hoo - minor/major?

I know someone who is composing a bunch of Purim songs to Beatles' tunes.
It should be a hoot!  Or a scream!  I guess it depends who's singing it.

Dan

At 08:19 PM 2/15/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Rabbi Ken Alter wrote:
>
>> A comment was made about hearing the words of Psalm 150 sung with the
>> "Hall'lu."
>> One version with the words appears on B'nei Jeshurun's C.D. "With Every
>> Breath".
>> Does anyone know Elvis Presley Purim songs ? I would greatly appreciate
>> it.
>>
>> Ken
>
>No Elvis, unfortunately, but there is of course the ancient Jewish melody
>"I Can't Get No Hamentaschen," which the Stones later turned into a hit
>rock song with a similar name.  I think Schlock Rock resurrected that
>one.  Hope this may help.  If I'm wrong on the details, someone else on
>the list will know, I'm sure.
>
>Joel

Daniel A. Singer        H: (734) 397-1950  W: (810) 238-1350 ext. 4253
1713 Glenshire Dr.      Flint Institute of Music, Temple Beth El
Canton, MI 48188        Bass Voice, Guitar
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
         If I am for myself alone, who am I?
                           If not now, when?"
***