hanashir

[HANASHIR:5186] Re: Kol Han'shama

The "Hallelu" song  was taken from Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's chant entitled
"Hoo".The best version of this song to my knowledge appeared on his last CD
entitled,"SWAN SONG". He died in 1997. They claim that he was the most respected
Pakistani musician ever to live. The chant is also referred to by other names as
well. The song is sung at the beginning of "Qawwali" gatherings. "Qawwali" is a
complex fusion of thoughts, feelings, emotions and sounds that people around the
world have embraced.  The essence of it is the love of G-d and humanity. It
became
a means for making more understandable the teachings of the great Sufi masters.
The English meaning of the chant used by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and his followers
is
"Praise Allah."