hanashir

[HANASHIR:5177] Re: Kol Hanshemah

I too am definitely not an expert on this issue, however, isn't there a
problem when it comes to the pronunciation with Hebrew, due to the fact that
if a word is said slightly differently, then its meaning can change
completely to mean something else, and then, wouldn't that be something to
worry about, especially if the composer didn't write his or her song with
that intent in the first place.  Not that we always know what a composers
intent is, but when a word is meant to mean for example "thank-you" or Hodu,
and we're singing "turkey" which also sounds and is said similarly to
Hodu...then isn't that not something to be careful of.

Just Curious
Miriam